Fully loaded 100%! I am in love with this wonderful dessert. Not to mention, my kids could potentially devour this in one sitting. Just to be on the safe side, I usually hide the other loaf and keep it a secret. Boo ha ha!! Oh my sinister ways 😈….
I wish I could say that this would last in my house, but we usually finish both breads rather quickly. I often find many crumbs leading right to my little ones, or I often notice the tear in the foil with a trail of sugar left behind on the counter. I mean who could blame them? Once you dig in and have a piece, it is mighty hard to keep your hands off this deliciousness.
The sugar crunch topping makes all the difference, accompanied by the chocolate chips, hearty blueberries, and the sweet banana cream cheese center…Pure heaven baked in wonderful loaf of goodness. Yes, I need more please! It is so creamy and flavorful that you will definitely be making this one over and over again.
Seconds do come easily with this dessert. In fact, I can eat this morning, noon and night. Not a good idea I know! But grab yourself a nice cup of tea and enjoy an afternoon treat if you want to feel more civilized. I know I usually do to sway away any guilty feelings that I might have from indulging in this fantastic treat. I often remind myself, that “hey you really worked hard, and baked this with tons of love, enjoy and reward your baking efforts”…
I hope you will all be feeling the same positive vibes I do from this awesome masterpiece. Get ready, it is highly addictive.
BANANA BLUEBERRY CHOCOLATE BREAD
Author: Fork Knife and Love
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 60 mins Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 1½ sticks of butter softened
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2-3 ripe bananas (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ – 1 cup blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ salt
- Sugary topping
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 350º degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until it is well blended.
- Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until blended.
- Stir the dry flour mixture into the batter mixture.
- Once blended, fold the chocolate chips and blueberries into the mixture. Stir until combined, but make sure not to mash the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and butter topping.
- Spray 2 baking loaf pans (8½ X 4½ inch). Split the batter and pour the mixture into the loaf pans.
- Sprinkle the sugar topping on the top and place in the oven for 60 minutes. When the loafs are done, allow to cool for 10 minutes and then plate or place on a cooling rack.
- Grab a cup of milk, and enjoy!